Google+

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Girly-girl skirty soaker

Girly-girl skirty soaker
By Amy Kenagy

This pattern was one of those fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants patterns. The yarn I used was considered DK weight, though I found it to be slightly thicker than that. On the soaker part of the pattern and for the first couple of rows of the skirty I double stranded, which made my gauge differ on the skirt versus the body. The choice to double strand for the first couple rows of the skirty was to add a little detail, so you can single strand there, too, if you want to. This pattern makes a size small but can easily be modified simply by making your cast on number a multiple of 4 and then changing the patterns where needed to make the skirty pleats and the weird ribbed pattern at the top work out. I did not add short rows but feel free to add them to the back if you need extra room.

Yarn: for a small size: 280 yards (125 grams) of DK or light worsted weight wool

Needles: size 4 circular needles (16 inch) AND size 7 circular needles (24 inch)

Gauge: 5 stitches per inch single strand (4.5 sitches per inch double strand) and 6 rows per inch on size 7
Abbreviations: k = knit p = purl k2tog = knit next two stitches together
p2tog=purl two together
kfb= knit front and back of stitch pfb= purl front and back of stitch




DUE TO PEOPLE STEALING AND COPYING THIS PATTERN IT HAS BEEN MOVED EXCLUSIVELY TO RAVELRY.COM. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/girly-girl-skirty-soaker

I am sorry to have to do this, but unfortunately, people are dishonest and while I can't prevent people from stealing it from Ravelry and doing the same thing, there is at least a way to track who is using and downloading the file. Just because this pattern is available for FREE does not give someone the right to republish it elsewhere. Thanks for understanding and please come to Ravelry (it's FREE!) and check it out! Thanks so much!



This pattern was designed by Amy Kenagy. Please direct questions regarding the selling of skirty/soakers made from this pattern to the designer. If you love this pattern, please make a donation to the March of Dimes in honor of Samuel Hunter Kenagy. 

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable

Anonymous said...

Cute! I saw this on Ravelry. How would I contact you for a question? Don't see a contact on Ravelry or here. Thanks!

Unknown said...

On Ravelry, you can leave a personal message or just post a comment here and I'll answer any questions you may have.

Jenna said...

Question! Is this a small, like newborn small? Or like small toddler small? I have a 25lb 1yo who would look adorable in this, but I'm not sure if it'll fit as written.

Unknown said...

Hi Jenna-

This would be a newbornish size, maybe a bit bigger, but pretty unlikely that it would fit a 25 lb baby. Hope that helps.

Sean Wilson said...

I wanted to knit this in a medium size. Any advice on what # stitches to use to make it a med? I'm kind of a newish knitter so that part still confuses me a bit. Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Medium size. . .hmmm. . .could you be more specific like hip size? Are you on ravelry? Send me a message (AmyKenagy) on there and I can help with the cast on number if you can give me a few more details :) You can also check out my Lily skirty. I did it for my rather skinny not quite 2T sized neice and it fit with a little growing room. I made comments on that project on Ravelry as to how many stitches I cast on. I'll look for your message :)-Amy

rautis2 said...

I love this! I made it for a friend of the family and it is adorable! Made it in a solid brown cotton thinking about upsizing it for my 6 year old!!!

teresachinnock said...

That's terrible ppl stealing!!! I saw someone do this with a free cupcake hat lately, they were selling on eBay when it's free on someone's blog, not nice and spoils it for ppl who are lucky enough to get these patterns for free!

wyldeflowyr said...

This is adorable - thank you so much for sharing!
Wyldeflowyr

Unknown said...

I'm also knitting for an almost 2T. P!ease post a link to the Lily Skirty you mentioned. I looked on raveley, but didn't eee it. Thanks!

Unknown said...

If you click the link above it will take you directly to the pattern on Ravelry. Here is my project page for the skirt I made for Lily. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/KnittingAmyK/girly-girl-skirty-soaker-2

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! It'll be the perfect Xmas gift.