Google+

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I-cord tasseled hat

I-cord tasseled hat
By Amy Kenagy




This hat is easily adjusted for bigger or smaller heads. Just contact me for math help! The given size fits my larger headed 4 month old with an 18 inch head circumference. This yields a very stretchy hat fabric, perfect for growing heads!

Yarn: Worsted weight yarn in two colors. 55 yards of main color and 25 yards of contrasting color.

Needles: Size 10 circular needles (I did magic loop, so either a long cable for magic loop or short cable for circumference knitting and dpn's for closing up the top)
Size 4 dpns or circular needles for completing the i-cord

Gauge: 16 stitches and 25 rows = 4 inches using size 10 needles in stockinette







DUE TO PEOPLE STEALING AND COPYING THIS PATTERN AND CLAIMING IT AS THEIR OWN, THE PATTERN HAS BEEN MOVED EXCLUSIVELY TO RAVELRY.COM. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/i-cord-tasseled-hat

I am sorry to have to do this, but unfortunately, people are dishonest and while I can't prevent people from stealing it from Ravelry and doing the same thing, there is at least a way to track who is using and downloading the file. Just because this pattern is available for FREE does not give someone the right to republish it elsewhere.Thanks for understanding and please come to Ravelry (it's FREE!) and check it out! Thanks so much!

1 comment:

Hahnemaniac said...

Hello Amy! Love the hat idea... I'm trying to end a hat exactly like this, but am doing I-cords for the first time. I have two questions:
1) did you KNOT the four I-cords together? 2) stupid question from a beginner: where do you get the yarn to knit the 2nd-4th I-cords?! You used the main color to do the first one and then cut it. How do you reattach it for the others? Thanks Lois